Being a self-employed contractor can bring you a large cash flow and the satisfaction of being your own boss – but it can also make financial planning more complicated than being an employee.
When creating a financial plan, Self-employed contractors need to keep a number of items in mind. Read to find out!
A certified financial planner is trained to focus on all aspects of your finances – everything from your taxes to retirement savings.
The six steps to financial planning are:
• Meeting your financial planner
• Determining your goals and expectation
• Reviewing your current financial state
• Developing a financial plan
• Implementing a financial plan
• Monitoring the plan
A certified financial planner will develop a plan that works for you both today and in the future.
It’s essential to manage your tax planning properly – both while you are living and for after your death. You want as much of your money as possible to go to your beneficiaries, not the government. Our article contains three tips to help you do that:
1. Learn how to make the most of the lifetime capital gains exemption.
2. Figure out ways to decrease your end-of-life tax bill.
3. Look into Immediate Financing Arrangements.
Why do individuals give to charity: Leave a legacy, Essential to organizations, Meaningful tax relief for contributors
On April 28, 2022, the Ontario Minister of Finance delivered the province’s 2022 budget. It’s focused on five different pillars:
• Rebuilding the economy.
• Better jobs and bigger paycheques.
• Building highways and critical infrastructure.
• Keeping costs down.
• Investing in health care.
Budget 2022 includes no changes to personal or corporate tax rates.
On April 7, 2022, the Federal Government released their 2022 budget. Our article contains highlights of the various financial measures in this budget, divided into these sections:
• Alternative minimum tax
• Dental care
• Small businesses
• Canada Growth Fund
• Bank and insurer taxes
It’ll be time to file your 2021 taxes soon, and you must take advantage of every tax credit and deduction that you can. Our article includes information on a variety of subjects you need to know about, including what to do if you’ve had to repay COVID-19 benefits, how to plan ahead if you’re self-employed or retiring soon, and what you need to know if you have a home office or employer-provided benefits.
An investment advisor can help you figure out what the right investment choices are for you.
The five steps to investment planning are:
• Meeting your investment advisor
• Determining your goals and expectations
• Developing your investment plan
• Implementing your investment plan
• Monitoring the plan
The sooner you start planning for retirement, the sooner you can get there! An investment advisor can help you get there quicker.
Being a single parent is a lot of responsibility. Learn how the right types of insurance can provide you and your family with the financial protection they need.